The Sadhana of Love programme has been developed for Sathya Sai adults, young adults, and children to support the realisation of our inherent divinity – our true nature as pure love.
There are four key principles needed on our journey to achieving this: Self-confidence, Self-satisfaction, self-sacrifice and Self-realisation.
Within the Sadhana of Love – Choose Your Sadhanas, each step includes Swami’s definition of that step and 18 supporting sadhanas (spiritual practices) with explanatory quotes from His teachings.
With love as the focus, you are encouraged to listen to your conscience and choose sadhanas that you feel will manifest the most love and lead to the realisation that the same divinity dwells in all as love.
- Choose one sadhana from each of the four steps of Self-confidence, Self-satisfaction, self-sacrifice and Self-realisation.
- Read and research what Sathya Sai Baba said about each of your selected sadhanas.
- Practise your selected sadhanas with loving consistency.
- Manifest more love in your words, actions, thoughts, character and heart.
Once your selected sadhanas are well established in your daily life, you can make further selections to help expand your love.
In addition to these personal sadhanas, groups can choose group-based sadhanas to practise. Leaders are encouraged to discuss options with adults, young adults, young adult advisors, children, SSE teachers, and centre and regional presidents.
Devotees may determine their own ways of promoting the understanding and practice of the Sadhana of Love. Devotees can identify tools and techniques to implement, monitor and discuss the benefits of practising their sadhanas. Methods proven to be successful in the past include:
- personal reflection journals
- buddy or mentoring systems
- weekly or fortnightly study circles
- utilising technologies such as Skype conferencing, WhatsApp Messenger and online forums in accordance with SSIO communication and social media guidelines.
The sharing of successful practices and positive outcomes is encouraged.
Start your Sadhana of Love journey now.
#ReflectTheLove and let the Loving Lord shine through you as His beacon of love and light in the world.