The 2017 International Medical was held September 2-3, 2017 in Anaheim, California. This conference highlighted the principles of Sai Ideal Healthcare and the Sathya Sai Global Health Mission. There were over 400 healthcare professionals from all over the world including young adult health professionals. The speakers shared their experiences practicing Ideal Healthcare and their contribution to the Global Health Mission. These talks were inspiring and exemplified the loving, compassionate, Ideal Healthcare stressed by Sathya Sai Baba.
Sathya Sai Baba’s Ideal Healthcare principles are as follows:
- Universal Healthcare: The best care should be available to all, especially the poor.
- Free Healthcare: No one should be denied healthcare because of poverty; ideal healthcare should be free of cost.
- Loving Healthcare: Healthcare should be delivered with love and compassion.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical care should treat the whole patient, body, mind, and spirit.
- Preventive Healthcare: It is the duty of the physician to educate patients in healthy living to prevent disease
We will be adding videos of other speakers in the near future. Please send us an email to email@example.com if you would like to be contacted when updates to the videos are available in our site.
Sathya Sai Ideal Healthcare and Overview of Sathya Sai Global Health Mission, Narendranath Reddy, MD
Dr. Narendranath Reddy, Chairman of the Prasanthi Council and the Sathya Sai International Medical Committee, introduces Sathya Sai Ideal Healthcare principles and provides an overview of the Sathya Sai Global Health Mission.
Soumya Panchanathan, Associate Program Director at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Pediatric Residency program, describes how we can become Agents of Change at our workplace by being advocates for compassionate care of our patients.
Dr. Govindarajan, a young adult physician at the Friend Family Health Center in an inner city neighborhood in Chicago, talks about her experience serving in the poor neighborhoods in Chicago.