Public Caution Notice
The General Public are hereby notified that the institutions founded by Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, a deemed to be University and Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust have no connection with the University called Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence promoted by Prashanthi Balamandira Trust.
1. Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba AS A FOUNDER TRUSTEE, ESTABLISHED Sri Sathya Sai University in the year 1981. It is now known as Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning. The University has four campuses, at Anantpur Andhra Pradesh for women, at Brindavan, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Vidyagiri, Puttaparthy and Sri Sathya Sai Grama, Muddenahalli, Chikballapur District, Karnataka. Apart from the above, Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba also ESTABLISHED a public charitable Trust viz. Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust for the purpose of carrying on many humanitarian works including MANAGING schools and for medical relief activity and carrying out other objects of public utility like water supply schemes etc. Bhagwan Baba was the Sole Trustee.
2. On 14.08.1978, Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba ESTABLISHED a Trust known as Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust and took over the OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF two Schools which were MANAGED by a Society known as Loka Seva Vrinda at Alike and Muddenahalli. These schools prospered and became models of education emphasizing on human values and universal love and respect for all religions and their teachings. Bhagwan Baba was the Sole Trustee of the SRI SATHYA SAI LOKA SEVA TRUST.
3. AFTER BHAGWAN BABA, The Trust Deed of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust ENTRUSTED the power to appoint trustees BY THE TRUSTEES OF Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust. In exercise of the power, the Trustees of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust appointed Trustees to Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust on April 2011 after Baba's Mahasamadhi. For some time the Trustees functioned harmoniously. After a year, in 2012 Sri B.N. Narasimha Murthy in cahoots with one Madhusudhan Naidu WITHOUT THE REQUIRED CONSULTATION AND CONSENT OF ALL THE TRUSTEES AND THE CENTRAL TRUST MADE UP a document to amend the Deed of Trust, TO ILLEGALLY BENEFIT HIMSELF. This gave rise to litigation which is pending before the civil court. The claim of Sri B.N. Narasimha Murthy that he is a Trustee of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust is not true. In order to divert the funds AND ASSETS from Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust, Sri B.N. Narasimha Murthy and his supporters have started operating various other Trusts, IN THEIR OWN PERSONAL NAMES AND INTEREST, one of them is Prashanthi Balamandira Trust.
4. It is now learnt that IN JUNE 2018 the Karnataka State Legislature has enacted a Law providing for establishing Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence promoted by Prashanthi Balamandira Trust and the same has been published in the Karnataka Gazette. THE NEW UNIVERSITY WAS SECRETLY ESTABLISHED WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE OR CONSULTATION WITH ALL Trustees of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF BHAGWAN BABA. Wide publicity is being given in the media and in social media about setting up of the University at Kalaburagi in Karnataka State. In such advertisements, the photographs of Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, the name "Sri Sathya Sai" and the Sarva Dharma emblem, which are protected under the Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950 are being prominently displayed and used to create an impression in the minds of the general public, devotees and donors that Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence is promoted by the Institutions set up by Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. This is totally false and misleading.
5. Prashanthi Balamandira Trust is not an institution founded or set up by Sri Sathya Sai Baba and is in no way connected to or associated with Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust or any other trust founded by Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. ACCORDINGLY A legal notice has been issued IN JUNE 2018, to the Government of Karnataka, TO INSTITUTE AN ENQUIRY INTO THE ILLEGAL ACTIONS OF SRI B N Narasimha Murthy AND OTHERS RELATING TO THE SETTING UP OF THE SAID UNIVERSITY AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION AGAINST THE DEFAULTERS. In view of the above, in order to set the record straight this public notice is being issued.
It is further clarified that there is no such group called Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Group of Educational Institutions, Muddenahalli. The Public are cautioned to note that none of the regulatory approvals required to set up the university have been obtained and as on date there is no approval granted by the Karnataka State Government and other regulatory bodies to commence any educational activity. The promoters of the University have not complied with the legal requirements to start admission of students.
THE PUBLIC ARE CAUTIONED TO NOTE the above and not be misled by any false claims made by Prashanthi Balamandira Trust and Sri B. N. Narasimha Murthy or others.
For Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, India
Dated: 14th July,2018