Seasons Greetings from Dr. Narendranath Reddy
20 December 2017
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Om Sri Sai Ram.
Let us rejoice in our Lord Sai who continues to inspire us and show us the goal of human life, as well as the path of love to sanctify and redeem our lives. Let us express our gratitude by following His teachings and doing His work with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. A new year is yet another opportunity given by our Lord Sai to renew our focus and commitment to do His work.
This year, as an offering of gratitude to Bhagawan, let us adopt the following New Year’s Resolutions for 2018:
- Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude under all circumstances as a spiritual practice/sadhana.
- Conduct a self-audit for 10 minutes at the end of every day for self-improvement and for removing our own faults and imperfections.
- Serve at least one person or one being every day by thought, word and deed.
Bhagawan’s infinite glory is experienced through the selfless service being done by SSIO members in more than 120 countries, as reported in the annual report of SSIO. Some of the highlights of our work are noted below:
- SSIO members of Nepal have undertaken numerous service projects, including providing homes, drinking water, education and medical services to the needy. I personally visited 17 sites in Nepal during November 2017 and was inspired by their selfless service, unconditional love and dedication to the divine mission.
- Many public outreach programmes were conducted in many countries around the world.
- The Sathya Sai International Medical Conference on Sathya Sai Global Health Mission and Ideal Health Care was held in September 2017 in Anaheim, California, USA.
- The Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme for Young Adults, started in 2015, has become an annual event, with over 700 graduates.
- Global Akhanda Gayatri chanting round the clock, around the world, by Sathya Sai devotees.
Going forward, among many new initiatives we will:
- Hold the Sathya Sai Go-Green Conference in Prasanthi Nilayam in July 2018, focused on protecting the planet, based on Swami’s teachings, highlighting scientific and technological advances.
- Adopt 95 Communities around the world and provide comprehensive services to the needy, as a humble offering of love to Swami for His 95th Birthday in 2020.
Much progress was made in the divine mission in the year 2017 because of your contributions and hard work, and the boundless grace of our Lord Sai.
We wish you a joyful and festive holiday season and a wonderful New Year filled with divine bliss. I want to personally thank you for all that you do, and your continued loving support and participation in the SSIO.
Let us all pray to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba to bless us with determination and devotion to continue to serve Him and His creation, as one family, with unconditional love and dedication.
Jai Sai Ram.
In the Loving Service of Sai,
Dr. Narendranath Reddy
Chairman, Prasanthi Council
2016-2017 Annual Report of the SSIO:
Nepal Humanitarian Relief:
Sathya Sai International Medical Conference:
Sathya Sai Global Health Mission:
Sathya Sai Youth Leadership Programme:
(Samastha Lokah Sukhino Bhavantu – May All the Worlds Be Happy)