Guidance to All Sri Sathya Sai Organizations by Bhagawan
Swami's letter to His brother and two discourses constitute three landmark messages delivered to humanity and to the Sri Sathya Sai Organizations anywhere in the world.
May 25, 1947:
At the age of 20, in response to a letter from his brother, who was concerned with what He was doing, Sri Sathya Sai Baba wrote the following letter. This letter disclosed His mission and He specified four important purposes of this Avatar:
- Task: to foster all mankind and ensure for all of them, lives full of bliss (Ananda).
- Vow: to lead all who stray away from the straight path again into goodness and save them.
- Work: to remove the sufferings of the poor and grant them what they lack.
- Rescue: I rescue all who worship and adore me, aright. I expect those devoted to me have to treat joy and grief, gain and loss, with equal fortitude. This means that I will never give up on those who attach themselves to me.
April 21, 1967:
The second message was delivered in His discourse at the First All-India Conference of Sathya Sai Seva organizations on April 21, 1967. In this discourse, Bhagawan advises us of three conditions for every individual to be part of any Sathya Sai organization:
- They must be a sincere spiritual seeker. We must know our divinity, manifest it, and help others realize their divinity.
- They should have faith in the name of Sai.
- They should have good character.
May 17, 1968:
The third message was delivered in His discourse at the World Conference of the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organizations on May 17, 1968. In the last part of this discourse, Swami clearly states that He has come as an incarnation of God to restore right conduct (Dharma). This discourse has three key messages:
- We are all blessed and fortunate to be a contemporary of this Avatar.
- We should not try to understand the nature of His reality, His motivations, or His actions. Instead, we should follow His teachings.
- If you want to be one with Him and merge in His divinity, the only way is to implicitly, immediately, and completely follow His command.
These three landmark messages delivered by Swami on three occasions are available on this page.