The SSIO has declared April 24th as World Human Values Day. In commemoration, 90 cities and towns across Canada have declared April 24th as Human Values Day, recognizing that the practice of these universal human values leads to good citizenship, and enriches the quality of life. In addition, several Provinces in Canada, including British Columbia and Manitoba, have joined the Federal Government of Canada in declaring April 24th as Human Values Day.
On April 24th, the following events are scheduled in Ontario, Canada. All are welcome to witness this historic occasion. The Flag Hoisting ceremony in the Federal Parliament of Canada will be broadcast in live stream, as noted below.
- Flag Hoisting at the Sathya Sai School (451 Ellesmere Road) at 8:00 am
- Flag Hoisting in the City of Oshawa (Oshawa City Hall) at 12:00 pm
- Flag Hoisting in the Town of Oakville (Oakville Town Hall) at 3:00 pm
- Canadian Flag Hoisting at Parliament Hill, City of Ottawa (Federal Parliament) from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Please read a special invitation from the Walk For Values Organizing Committee. The event can be watched live on WalkForValues Youtube channel by clicking here.
- Special Lighting of the City of Mississauga's City Clock Tower (Mississauga Civic Centre) is at 8:00 pm.
Please celebrate this special occasion on social media at #HumanValuesDay. A full list of all Proclamations can be found on the WalkForValues Facebook page.