The 2021 Sri Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme for Young Adults (SSSILP) is now open for enrollment!
During the inaugural discourse at the first Sri Sathya Sai World Youth Conference in 1997, Sri Sathya Sai Baba issued a clarion call to the Young Adults. As the future citizens of the world, the Young Adults should awaken to their noble heritage and honor their sacred duty to promote the welfare, progress, and peace of the world.
With Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s loving guidance, the SSSIO implemented several resolutions to develop ideal Sai Young Adults leaders who are exemplars of Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings. In 2013, the Young Adults Leadership Program was developed to provide ideal leadership training to the Young Adults based on the Divine teachings of unconditional love and selfless service. Areas of focus include Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s life and His teachings, overview and functions of the SSSIO, Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings on leadership, challenges faced by Young Adults, loving and effective communications, working in unity, project management and self-transformation.
Since the inaugural batch in 2015, over 1,400 Young Adults from 45 countries have graduated from the SSSILP.
Objectives of the SSSILP
- To raise a generation of young adults who are exemplars of the teachings and philosophy of life as taught by Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
- To give young adults a range of interpersonal communication skills for forging good relations with all officers and members of the SSSIO.
- To equip young adults with the tools and techniques that will help them foster good values such as love, compassion, humility, and respect to elders; thereby creating a positive and loving environment at home, in the SSSIO, and in their local communities.
- To develop skills for planning and implementing successful projects.
- To develop the capacity to lead, manage, and motivate volunteer team members.
- To develop mentoring skills for grooming future Young Adult leaders for smooth transitions and continuity.
- To acquire knowledge and develop skills to become ideal leaders.
The SSSILP comprises of nine modules. Further details can be found on the Programme Plan and on the Application Form:
All National & Deputy National Young Adults Coordinators, National and Regional Young Adult Advisors and Young Adults currently serving in any leadership role in the SSSIO are strongly encouraged to participate in the SSSILP.
The deadline for applications is 30th October 2020.
For further information, please contact SSILP@sathyasai.org