The name Sri Sathya Sai Baba (and variations of it) as well as the two "sarva dharma" emblems (see below) or variations of them, have been trademarked by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust in India and Sai Organisations in various countries throughout the world. No person shall use or continue to use for the purpose of any trade, business, calling, or profession or any patent, trademark, or design these protected names/emblems or any colourable imitation thereof without the previous written permission the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust or the appropriate Sai Organisation.
The Name of Sathya Sai Baba and the logo of the Sathya Sai International Organisation have been trademarked/registered in other countries as well, as per the following:
The name Sathya Sai as well as the sarvadharma symbols with values and religious icons, examples of which are given above, have been trademarked by the Sri Sathya Sai Baba Spiritual Council of Canada, 3582 Huntington Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N9E 4M8. In Canada, no person shall use or continue to use this name for the purpose of any trade, business, calling, or profession without the previous written permission of the Sri Sathya Sai Baba Spiritual Council of Canada.
The following were registered for International Protection, in accordance with the Madrid Agreement and Protocol, on behalf of SSO Europe for all EC countries by Switzerland (the Name and the logo with religious symbols) and by Spain (the logo with values).
- The Names: Sathya Sai Baba, Sai Baba, Sathya Sai. International registration: 922 558, Registered: 1 March 2007. Date of end of protection: 1 March 2017.
- The Sarvadharma logo with religious symbols (see above). International registration No. 932209. Certificate of Registration: 16 July 2007. Date of end of protection: 23 July 2017.
- The Sarvadharma logo with values, in all variations and languages (see below). International registration No. 4.235.214. Certificate of Registration: 16 February 2005. Date of end of protection: 16 February 2015.
The registration concerns these countries:
Acceptance to the Madrid Agreement
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kazakstan, Kirghizistan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldava, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint-Marin, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
Acceptance to the Madrid Protocol
European Community, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Ireland, Lituania, Norway, Sweden, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom,
4. United States
The Sathya Sai Society of America, a charitable corporation, has obtained the following trademarks from the United States Patent and Trademark office:
Sathya Sai Baba on April 7, 1998
Sathya Sai on October 13, 1998
Any use of these names or any variation of these names for commercial purposes without the express written consent of the holder of the trademark is prohibited. This prohibition applies to any use that may lead to confusion among consumers or the public.
5. Zone 2B Region 22 (Columbia, Ecuador, Peru)
6. Zone 2B Region 23 (Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay)